Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A day at the beach!

The girls, Laura, and I spent a day at the beach on Thursday last week. We went to Wrightsville beach, which is right outside Wilmington, NC. P1010039 It took about a 2 hour drive to get there, but once there it was a great day. Brennen doesn't necessarily like the salt water & sticky sand, so he opted to stay home & go to his drum-line rehearsal that he had that evening.

We had sunshine, and a little breeze the whole time. We took some boogie boards and road the waves. Sarah & P1010041Keri were naturals! They were able to catch quite a few & ride all the way into the shore - and by the afternoon when the tide rose a bit, they almost road waves right up to Laura & I under the beach umbrellas.

The girls had a great time playing in the sand and examining the shells that had washed up on shore.

AftP1010042er the two hour ride home, we were wiped out & started to notice the sun burns. Thank Heavenly Father for creating an Aloe Vera plant that could be used to make after-sun lotion!! P1010044

2 comments:

Sally Wood said...

Very nice, it looks like a lot of fun, I wish I lived that close to the beach!

Holly said...

That looks so fun!!! You would think that with as close as we live to the beach we would make it there more often. I am not surprised about Brennen and the drums! =)