Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A chip off the old block...

Brennen has taken up drums!

Near the end of the school year, the percussion teacher at the high school, probably in a recruiting effort, offered to give after school group lessons to anyone that wanted to learn. P1010048 Brennen jumped in and was a natural! After we talked to his teacher together & told him of my experience too (and that we would be missing band camp), he said it must be in the blood 'cause Brennen seemed like a natural and he wanted him to stick with it anyway.

He wanted to play the tennors (quads) for marching drum-line, but because we're going to miss band camp being in Utah, P1010049 his teacher said one drum head was enough to worry about and put him in the snare line. When I played, snare was *the* coveted position where those with only the best "chops" played.

To say that I'm proud would be an understatement!

[He's on the left in the pictures]

1 comment:

Sally Wood said...

It's about time! I was beginning to wonder if the Davis family fell off the planet!

Really cool that Brennan is playing the drums. I didn't know you played drums Darrell. I can totally see you in a high school band! It is neat to see that Brennan has the same talent, what luck!