Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Driving accross NC...

We had a great, week-long visit from Grandma Platt this week.

The girls made doughnuts and biscuts with her, and she made some great dinners while here - - boy I miss Sunday afternoons at the Platt 'mansion' for dinner!

We also took a nice long 5 hour drive accross NC on the holiday Monday. From Raleigh-Durham to Burlington, to Greensborough, Winston-Salem, and up the mountains to Boone (for Daniel Boon - I think), and back again.

Unknown to me, Boone is also the home of Appalachian State University. You know, the I-AA football team that beat mighty Michigan & took the Nat'l championship?

It's a small, but pretty nice campus, but it was WAY too cold to spend much time out of the van. We took a small 'jaunt' by the tennis courts, and about 3-minutes into it our ears were frozen!

It was a nice drive to see what else is around that we haven't had any time to do since being here.

2 comments:

Sally Wood said...

Yeah, those Platt dinners are very special! We don't get a lot of them anymore, but they are great when they have 'em. Isn't Jo a wonder!?! That picture looks very cold, I didn't know that it got that cold over there. I guess the humidity doesn't help either. Stay warm and safe this winter!

Holly said...

Welcome back to the blogging world. I was starting to worry! :) I miss Platt Sunday dinners too. sigh. If only I could cook. It looks like a snowy winter wonder-adventure land there.